Search This Blog

Friday, February 19, 2010

A Vast Storehouse of Tears in Heaven

On January 28th, I wrote a blogpost entitled:"no tear dries alone . . . unnoticed." Today as I was in the Scriptures preparing for the WNEC Christian Fellowship's Listening in Christ Retreat, I stumbled on this:

"You have kept count of my tossings; put my tears in your bottle. Are they not in your book?" (Psalm 56:8)

What a ravishing picture of the God who knows intimately our tears. None escape his notice. None will be forgotten. None are triivial or insignificant to him. He keeps and records them all, sharing in our sufferings. Maybe he mixes them with his.There must be a vast storehouse of human tears in heaven, a book of countless pages.

I bet someday when Jesus makes everything right in all Creation, they will be emptied and wiped away leaving no stain of remembering. Our eyes will never cry again . . . or better yet, only when we are also leaping for joy.

1 comment:

Nathan said...

simple and profound. really love that psalm, haven't heard of it before- thanks for putting it up.